If you are interested in arranging a visit for your professional organisation or company please contact us.
These talks will be of interest to professionals working with people with learning disabilities and in the area of adult social care.
Visits usually last for 2 hours. We can however create a visit to meet your particular requirements.
Subjects and activities that can be included are as They can include the following:
- a tour of the theatre and museum
- an illustrated talk on the history of Dr John Langdon Down and Normansfield
- social history of learning disability, early 19th century to the present
- life in the past and today for people with a learning disability
- the work of the Down’s Syndrome Association and its projects
- a short film about the life of James Henry Pullen whose models and paintings are displayed in the museum
- short archive films on Normansfield Hospital
- a short walk outside in the grounds if the weather is fine
Refreshments include coffee/tea and cakes
To arrange a visit please contact:
Ian Jones-Healey, Archivist
T: 0333 1212 300